Facilitating Data Reading From An External Device Through Time-Efficient Measures
Considerable reduction of time taken to read survey data from a Bluetooth device through retries and removal of dependency on the Blue-Falcon library.
- Avoid data interruption while reading huge amounts of data from an external Bluetooth device with Blue-Falcon Library.
- Resolve Application Not Responding (ANR) errors while reading data, especially in low-end devices.
- Reduce the Data Reading Time considerably.
- Retrying: At any moment, if the application doesn’t succeed in reading the data, we retry with a time-lapse of 10 seconds.
- Multiple Tries: Multiple tries helped to read the data without memory-related issues.
- Addition of Delay: Re-initiating the data transfer with a time-lapse of 10 seconds resolved ANR-related issues. It also reduced the overload on the mobile device.
- Worked on the Blue-Falcon library: External device has 10 minutes of data which takes more than 70 seconds to read. We removed the Blue-Falcon library as a dependency to reduce the time to read the data. Instead, we added it to the application code. Reading the data and processing is done within the source code before sending it to the application level. Thus, the time to read data of 10 minutes is reduced from 70 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Regression Testing: Regression testing is done subsequently to check the impact of these changes on the application. The results are consistent.
- Improved Data Accuracy: With the new solution in place, acquiring more precise data readings from Bluetooth devices during surveys was feasible, significantly boosting the company’s overall surveying capabilities.
- Reduced Time and Effort: The client was able to perform surveys more quickly and efficiently as the seek time was reduced. This enabled the organization to save time and resources while increasing overall production.
- Enhanced Customer Satisfaction: The client was able to offer more accurate results in a shorter time, thanks to better accuracy and faster surveying capabilities. This aided the organization in improving client happiness and loyalty, both of which are critical for long-term success.
- Continuous monitoring: Monitoring the system constantly with different data durations and logging the time before and after changes.
- Regression Testing: Checking for the outcomes of the system after modifications are made.
- Checking for Consistency: Checking if the results are consistent after continuous retries.
500 College Road East, Suite 205, Princeton NJ 08540
Sandhya Techno -I, 5th Floor