KC-KTM Migration Of Batch Class SpecOps
The migration of KC -KTM batch class SpecOps for coversheet docs
Requirements: The document refers to the KC-KTM migration of the batch-class SpecOps for the coversheet documents. KC stands for Kofax Capture and KTM stands for Kofax Transformation Module. The data from the job variables that are populated from the ingested XML file must be validated after mapping it to the form fields. File operations are performed to check if the file name matches the ‘Unique Text’ field. If we are checking for Quality the batch should be opened in Validation 2. If the ‘Filling No’ field is not valid the batch should be opened in Validation 5. After the validation succeeds the data will be passed to the PDF generator and it is exported to the XML export connector. Then the SpecOps folder must be deleted. A retention policy of 6 months is added for the batch.
Description: An XML has consolidated data of the insurer. The data consists of CedCo, Payment File, Reinsurer, Inter Broker code, Policy details, ‘filling number’ of policies, and Unique Text. The backend check from the entered Unique Text from DB is monitored to ensure there’s no duplicity. Accordingly, the rest of the metadata is processed and exported to SQL DB, in the legacy system.
Once the job variables from the ingested XML file are mapped to the form fields in Kofax Capture, they must be validated for the ‘Unique Text’ and ‘Filling No’ fields. Ingestion of tiff files from KIC Import, XML files, and a shared folder in web form are ingested simultaneously. These files and the coversheet files are all classified as a single class SpecOps.
Check 1: The field “Unique Text” is extracted from AZL and Format Locator. Multiple scripts get executed to check if the value of the field “Unique Text” and “Filling No” matches the XML that is ingested. Values from the ingested XML are mapped to the values in validation.
Check 2: The second check is done for the field “Filling No”. If it’s not valid the batch opens in Validation 5.
After both checks are completed, PDF is generated. The document and folder files are exported through the XML export connector. SpecOps folder should be deleted which has a retention period of 6 months.
- Ability to handle multiple file formats classified as SpecOps in the Ingestion process.
- Validation of the mapped form fields from the job variables, that are populated from the XML file.
- Improving the quality of the data through a stringent validation process.
- Managing the generated PDF documents and the SpecOps folder.
- Time management through reduction of manual workforce in the process.
Improvements after automation:
- Multichannel import has been handled at a place.
- The manual activity of lassoing has been removed; auto capture has been developed.
- Multiple checks are automated inside simple Business rules.
- XML data can easily be pushed into form fields rather than using multiple DLLs to read the data.
- The storage solution is easier with retention policies being set.
- Data handling becomes a lot easier in this case.
- Easy lookup of insurers is also handled, reducing the effort.
- Business Efficiency: Improved Business Efficiency through intelligent automation of extraction of unstructured data.
- Secure automation: Lesser human intervention can reduce data breaches.
- Time effectiveness: Improves time management by accelerating document processing.
- Safer operations: Automation provides fail-safe operations that guarantee smooth performance. It mitigates the risk in the transfer of funds.
- Quality enhancement: The quality of data is enhanced by reducing human-intensive workloads. The process reduces errors through validation and improves accuracy through automation.
- Cost reduction: Minimal human workforce is required for automated processes. One-time investment can improve cost savings for the company. It also reduces the capital requirements of payment. It results in lower claims and pay out.
- Onboarding capacity: Increases the capacity of onboarding more policyholders.
- Multiple file formats can be ingested through KIC (Kofax Import Connector) import and then classified as a single batch class.
- Multiple validation procedures for validating the coversheet docs before saving the documents.
- Including the suspended batches to rework them when work is resumed.